We at the BRANDYWINE CONFERENCE AND VISITORS BUREAU, d/b/a DESTINATION DELCO (“Company” or “We”) recognize the importance of respecting and safeguarding your privacy. In doing so, we are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website destinationdelco.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under The Age Of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 610-565-3679 or email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, company name, and title and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically using tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided to subscribe to our newsletter, submit an RFP, request a brochure, or request further services.
- We may also ask you for information [when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and] when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Gather Using Tracking Technologies
We gather information about you as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, browsing actions and patterns, IP addresses, browser type, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, retargeting pixels, and other tracking technologies. This helps us to deliver targeted advertising to you to maximize your site experience. We use Google Analytics, which stores information about your internet activity over time. The information we track using these tools is statistical and does not contain any of your personal data, but we may associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This enables us to provide more personalized service by estimating our audience size and usage patterns, storing information about your preferences, speeding up your searches, and recognizing you when you return to our Website.
We do not track any personal data about our customers over time and across third party websites, and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties that have content embedded on our Website (such as a social media feature or link) may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our Website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from our website, however, unless you provide it to them directly. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Sites
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use information that we collect and process about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following legal bases:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us (i.e., our contractual relationship).
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our legal obligations.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it (i.e., our legitimate interest).
- To send you marketing emails.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you check our email request button(s), you may receive Delaware County-related information, updates about our new Website features, and other travel content. You will be asked to consent to these updates, and you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in the manner shown one each update. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have [consented to/not opted out of] these disclosures. [We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brandywine Conference and Visitors Bureau, d/b/a Destination Delco our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Personal Data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. [For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.]
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
How We Store And Protect Your Personal Data
We have found that our users tend to visit the Delaware County area, and we want to keep them informed of events and other opportunities in our area. Because of that, we will keep your information on our system for ten years from the date of our last contact with you, and we will remove your data from our systems if we have not had any direct contact with you during that period. Of course, you have the right to have your information removed from our system at any time (see “Asking Us To Suppress or Remove Your Personal Data” below). Note, however, that we may be required by law to retain your personal data for a longer period.
We exercise reasonable care to protect your personal information. Your information is stored on servers we control located in the United States. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via e-mail. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Asking Us To Suppress Or Remove Your Personal Data
If you do not wish to receive information from us in the future, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or you can email us at email@example.com and we will quickly comply with your request.
If you would like us to remove your information entirely from our systems, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly comply with your request, assuming we do not have any other obligation to keep it.
What To Do If You Have A Complaint About How We Treat Or Handle Personal Data
If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached or if you have a complaint relating to our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will do our best to promptly deal with your complaint.
General Legal Notice And Disclaimer
Disclaimer and release with respect to transactions entered into with any linked site or other third party
Any transaction that you enter into with any linked site, or other third party via or as a result of viewing our website is solely between yourself and such linked site or other third party. By using this website, you understand and agree that we have no responsibility for such transactions. You further agree that you will hold The Brandywine Conference and Visitor’s Bureau, d/b/a Destination Delco harmless and not liable, and release us from any all suits and/or claims, should you have any dispute over or problem with any such transaction.
You are advised that if you use a credit card to complete a transaction with any linked site, or other third party, and you later have a problem or dispute with the goods or services purchased, you may have charge-back rights. For more information about charge-back rights, contact the financial institution that issued the credit card used for the transaction.
References herein to any product or service offered by a linked site or other third party do not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by The Brandywine Conference and Visitor’s Bureau, d/b/a Destination Delco. While we make every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this website, we do not approve or certify such information nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness or correct sequencing of such information.
Use of such information is voluntary and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its applicability, accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness with regard to the user’s specific needs and purposes. The Brandywine Conference and Visitor’s Bureau, d/b/a Destination Delco (including its employees and agents) is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on the information available through this website.
No approvals, recommendations, endorsements, guarantees or warranties, including, but not limited to, any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular use or purpose of products or services named on this Internet site are made by Brandywine Conference & Visitors Bureau, d/b/a Destination Delco.
You also agree to arbitrate such disputes in Pennsylvania and to abide by any limitation on damages contained in any agreement we may have with you.
How To Contact Us